The benefits of coconut oil have been sung by everyone. Scientific research supports the fact that the oils are good for your entire body, from the inside out. Along with its many benefits, there are tons of amazing uses for coconut oil; from mental health to skin improvement and more. Read on to learn of the remarkable ways you can use coconut oil to improve your entire life.
Coconut Oil Food Use
Coconut oil can be used in a variety of ways for cooking and eating. You can use coconut oil for high-temperature cooking, which is great since many oils aren’t safe to use at high temperatures. Here a more ways you can use it for cooking and eating:
- Set your morning off to a great start by taking a spoonful of coconut oil. It helps kick-start your metabolism each day.
- For added energy, have a smoothie with a shot of coconut oil added to the recipe.
- Use it to replace butter for just about anything: frying eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, toast, and popcorn topping.
- Pop popcorn over the stove using coconut oil and popping corn.
- Use it in place of vegetable oil when you’re baking brownies.
- Mix a spoonful into your coffee, or to your tea to add flavor.
Beauty and Skin Care
Apply the coconut oil to your elbows to relieve dry skin. If mixed with salt or sugar, you can create foot scrubs, body scrubs, and other scrubs. Nursing mothers can use it as nipple cream for breastfeeding relief, in addition to preventing stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Use it to moisturize your face and body after you wash, or mix it into your bath water for a long soak.
- It can be used for lubricating before sex.
- Create a tanning oil by pouring the coconut oil into a spray bottle and spraying it on your skin.
- Use it to treat sunburns, diaper rash and fade out age spots.
- Use it as a massage oil because it’s not greasy, and it has a pleasing scent.
- Use it to remove makeup, homemade deodorants, and lip gloss.
Use coconut oil to reduce the static in your hair by rubbing a little in the palm of your hands, and quickly running them through your hair. Do the same to de-frizz split ends, and use sparingly to guard against flyaway hairs.
The best hair care use for coconut oil is as a leave-in conditioner. Rub a small amount into your hair and comb it through to the ends. Pull your hair into a loose bun, let it stay overnight and wash it out in the morning.
More Healthy Uses for Coconut Oil
Oil Pulling: Use coconut oil by swishing around one teaspoon in your mouth for about 20 minutes before brushing. This pull out toxins and bacteria that regular brushing alone can’t accomplish.
Thyroid: Coconut oil is extremely supportive toward your body, including your thyroid. Consume on a regular basis to support healthy thyroid function.
Toothpaste: Make some homemade toothpaste using coconut oil, baking soda, stevia and essential oils for flavoring. This is 100% healthier than commercial toothpaste as there are no chemicals and toxins going inside your mouth.
Treat wounds: Use coconut oil as a protector by simply applying a small amount to cuts and scrapes. Its thin layer shields the wound from outside contaminants.
Pet care: Use coconut oil to feed your pets. It gently elevates the metabolism, protects them from illness, increases energy and vitality, improves digestion, and speeds healing. Coconut oil also improves your dog’s skin and coat, and reduces allergic reactions.
Aromatherapy: Use it for relaxation and stress relief, relief of minor discomforts, mood enhancement, balance and well-being, boosting the respiratory, immune and circulatory systems.
House use: Use it around the house as a lubricant to protect small motors and electronics.
In all cases, be sure that the coconut oil you’re using is non-hydrogenated, extra virgin, cold-pressed and organic.