Let’s face it. Everybody wants to look and feel good in their own skin. That’s why you’d be willing to pay anything to land yourself a skincare regimen that actually works. To be honest, it’s not easy to come across a skincare product that perfectly matches your skin type, considering the thousands of products available on the market. So, when Chrissy Teigen, a renowned celebrity partnered with Swedish skincare brand, Foreo, we naturally became interested in what they had to offer.
What Is Foreo Luna 3?
Foreo Luna 3 is a handheld silicone facial brush that vibrates the skin, cleansing it to glory. According to the company, the gadget is a valuable investment that’s guaranteed to benefit your skin in more than one way.
Foreo claims that the device uses T-sonic pulsations to unclog pores, remove dead skin cells, improve absorption of skincare products, and reduce signs of aging. Generally, Foreo Luna 3 promotes clearer, brighter, and healthier skin.
Foreo Luna 3: Design
The device is perfectly designed to fit in the palm of your hand, making it easy to use. The bristles are made of silicone, which, compared to nylon bristles, are less likely to harbor breakout-inducing bacteria. The silicone bristles are also easy to clean and durable.
Compared to the Luna Mini 2, the Luna 3 appears humongous and sports a larger brush head. But, the compact design makes it highly portable – it can comfortably fit in your handbag. The silicone bristles are also longer but softer.
Foreo offers the Luna 3 in three variants with different brush head designs made specifically for each skin type:
- Luna 3 (pink) is for normal skin. It combines a mix of longer, thinner bristles and thicker nodules to get into the hard-to-reach areas, e.g., around the nose.
- Luna 3 (blue) is for combination skin. It features bristles of different heights for deeper cleansing and exfoliation power.
- Luna 3 (purple) is for sensitive skin. It sports longer, gentle silicone bristles with no thicker nodules on the top. This allows it to work gently on your skin, clearing out congestion.
Foreo Luna 3: Features and Functionality
The more than 8,000 T-sonic pulsations per minute massage your face, tackling any trace of makeup residue, sweat, traces of oil, and dirt. The end result is skin that feels fresh and clean.
Its work is not limited to face cleansing. Foreo Luna 3 is integrated with Firming Massage Mode that uses Gentle T-sonic pulsations for a non-invasive anti-aging and sagging skin treatment.
Once connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth, the app allows you to select one of the four face and neck massages to help firm and tighten your skin. The pulsations come with 16 intensity variations that you can customize in the Foreo app. You can customize time and intensities for the pulsations for deeply cleansed skin.
The silicone brush also exfoliates your skin, allowing for deeper penetration of your skincare products, making them more effective. On the backside, you get the skin firming massage that helps with anti-aging and better penetration of moisturizers and serum.
Foreo Luna 3: Price
The Foreo Luna 3 Facial Cleansing and Firming Massager costs € 199 (around $237). It’s much expensive than the entry-level Luna Play, which costs £29 (around $40), or Luna Play Plus at € 49 (around $58).
However, according to Foreo, you get 30 percent longer touchpoints, over 600 uses from a single charge, and 25 percent softer touchpoints. Considering that the silicone bristle brushes are more hygienic than nylon ones, they are also less abrasive. Plus, you don’t need to replace the brush head every two months or so, at a cost of around $10 a time. Over a year, these expenses combined will accumulate to around £90.
How to Use Foreo Luna 3
Before you start, it’s good to point out that it’s easy to overuse the Luna 3 face massager. If you do it frequently, you may end up over cleaning the skin and upsetting the natural balance. For most people, applying the device once or twice a week should suffice.
One more thing. Don’t apply too much pressure when using Luna 3. You just need to glide it over your skin and allow the ultrasonic waves to do their work.
- To get started, connect your phone to the Foreo app and customize it to your liking. Like we mentioned, you can set your preferred pulsation intensity and time. It’s recommended that you dampen your skin first with your facial cleanser before gently massing it with the Luna 3. The default time of the cleansing is one minute, but you can adjust the time as well as the intensity to suit your preferences.
The ’60 seconds’ time limit is the minimum amount of time recommended by dermatologists for face cleansing. So, we can safely say that it’s just the perfect time.
- Now, once you dampen your face, apply your favorite facial cleanser to the Luna 3 and press the start button twice. To use the device, simply glide Luna 3’s touchpoints in circular motions over your face until the default time is up.
- Finish by patting your face dry and rinsing the Luna 3. Once you’re done, continue with your skincare regimen.
Keep in mind that the product has a bit of a learning curve, especially when using the massage mode. Luckily, the app has instructions to guide you along.