Let’s face the facts. For a youthful-looking, wrinkle-free skin, you need to live a healthy life, exercise regularly, and drink plenty of water. However, skin aging is a natural event and is inevitable. Luckily, there are plenty of natural ingredients that you can use to make skin tightening treatments to slow down the aging process of your skin. Various factors like exposure to the sun, the chemicals in skincare products, air pollutants, and even the food you eat leaves your skin vulnerable to skin-related issues. The following skin tightening treatments can be made right at home using easily available ingredients and will keep your skin looking younger and glowing.
Egg White Skin Tightening Treatment
Eggs are known for their skin tightening qualities. Egg white is a rich source of albumin, a protein that helps to rebuild skin cells and improve skin elasticity. You can combine honey or yogurt with the egg whites to give your skin a natural glow as well as keep the skin moisturized.
Option 1: Egg White and Yogurt
• One egg white
• One tablespoon yogurt
• 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the egg white, sugar and yogurt in a bowl, making sure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Apply the mask to your face, neck, and chest, and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry. You can use this face mask once a week for youthful-looking skin.
Option 2: Egg White and Honey
• One egg white
• One tablespoon honey
Mix the egg white and honey in a bowl and apply the mask to your face, neck, and chest.
Let it dry (around 15 minutes) and then wash off the mask with lukewarm water. Use this mask regularly once a week and you’ll notice impressive results.
The power of aloe vera on our skin and hair is known the world over. It’s used in dozens of anti-aging skin products and hair products to reduce skin sagging and improve hair growth. Using aloe vera as a skin tightening treatment is simple. All you need is the aloe vera gel which you can easily extract by slicing aloe vera and scooping the gel using a spoon.
Next, apply the gel generously on your skin and let it sit for around 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Use the gel two to three times a week and you’ll love the results.
Coconut oil keeps the skin hydrated. When applied to your skin, it penetrates deeper into your skin layers and rejuvenates skin cells, nourishing your skin. Coconut oil also gets rid of the free radicals that damage your skin leaving it sagging and dry.
To use coconut oil to tighten your skin, follow the procedure below:
• Make sure you’re using virgin coconut oil.
- Massage the virgin coconut oil on your skin in upward circular motions for around 10 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your skin overnight. Coconut oil is safe to be used daily.
Olive oil has been used for centuries as an antibacterial agent, skin moisturizer, and cleanser. It’s rich in vitamin E, which helps to tighten sagging skin and protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
You can use olive oil in place of your lotion every evening after your shower. To do so:
• You’ll need virgin olive oil.
• After taking your evening shower, pat your skin dry.
• Massage olive oil all over your body for 5-10 minutes to allow the oil to penetrate your skin.
Coffee Grounds Skin Tightening Treatment
For this mixture, you’ll need coconut oil or olive oil, ground coffee, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Coffee contains caffeine which helps to draw out the excess moisture from the skin and get rid of fat deposits. The coffee granules and brown sugar will help to exfoliate your skin and keep it firm. On the other hand, the olive oil or coconut oil act as moisturizing agents. Here’s what you need to do:
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup ground coffee
• Two tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
• A half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If you plan to use coconut oil, warm it lightly to melt the oil and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and then add the coconut oil. Mix well until you have an even paste.
- Gently apply to your face in circular motions.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water. Use this face mask once or twice a week.
Epsom salt removes the excess fluids from the skin that may cause it to sag, thereby tightening your skin. Epsom salt also improves circulation, which helps to prevent sagging.
• One to two cups of Epsom salt
• A bathtub
• Warm water
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Add Epsom salt and mix it with water.
- Soak in the water for around 20 minutes. Do this once or twice a week.
On top of skin tightening treatments, you also need to eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. It’s also advisable to avoid harsh skincare products and to use a sunscreen with at least SPF20. Remember, when applying the skin tightening treatments, always use upward strokes.
All images by Pixabay